1. Do you think that antislavery delegates to the Constitutional Convention should have insisted on ending slavery throughout the new nation?
2. Do you think the nation would have survived without the Southern states?
3. How would our nation be different if slavery had been abolished in 1789?
4. Do you think the United States could have survived without a written constitution?
5. How important is it for the people of a nation to have approved their constitution?
6. How can you tell if a nation is following the letter and the spirit of its constitution?