1. How does Locke describe the "state of Nature" (e.g. qualities, characteristics)?
2. If the "state of Nature" is as wonderful as Locke describes, why do men leave it and form a political society?
3. A contract is defined as an exchange of promises between two parties. Apply this definition to the social contract laid out in Locke's essay.
4. Define/explain the conditions under which government can be dissolved if the social contract is breached.
5. Compare Locke's philosophy to the philosophy of the Declaration of Independence. Cite specific excerpts from both documents to support your ideas.