Parents & students are encouraged to monitor student grades. However, please take note of the following:
- A BLANK grade means that an assignment has been created, but a grade has not been entered, or a student was absent and is not required to make up the assignment. Blank grades have no effect on a student's average.
- MSG (="missing") means that the student has not submitted an assignment that he/she is required to complete. This could be due to an absence or to not having a required assignment on the due date. If the student was absent, this just serves a reminder to turn in the assignment--I'll change the grade once the assignment is turned in, so don't panic!
- A zero means that a student did not turn in an assignment by the deadline.
- Only major unit tests can be retaken. Quizzes, such as map quizzes, that are included in the tests category ARE eligible to be dropped & may not be retaken. They are also weighted much less than unit tests.
- Please note that a retaken test is never the same as the original test. In general, most students find them much more difficult and do not do better on a retake. This is most often due to their doing little to no preparation for both the original and the retake.